- Thirty-five hundred words
- Due in class December 3rd.
- Works from a minimum of two course novels and one course essay.
- Engages with the course themes: Victorian degeneracy or progressivism; the 19th Century death-of-God idea; Darwinian evolution.
- Includes secondary or tertiary research support, or an comparably strong independent analysis.
- Follows the MLA style guide, or literary equivalent.
- A creative alternative is available, requiring a thorough written proposal in advance of two to three pages length including detailed failure standards.
A draught of your thesis paragraph or a one-page point-form outline of the essay is due in class on November 19th.